Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Its good to be back.













This is my display from SteelCity Con recently held at the Monroeville Convention center. I had a really good time at the show, and made back my table fees. Definitely will try to attend next year, and try to stay for all three days (I had to leave Saturday night due to work on Monday). I hadn't attended a convention since Matsuricon back in August 2013.

One thing that occurred at the show that made me happy was the near selling out of my comic series Psychic Soldier Kai, and the general level of interest for creator-owned material. I've been working on the series for the better part of six years, and I'm almost finished with the 4th issue. I only had approximately 6 issues per installment, so I wasn't expecting to sell much in the first place. However, with the falling prices of printers, and the rapid "arms race"  of people putting out prints and mini-posters showcasing popular characters, I figured the best way to stay competitive was to offer something different at my table.

In the end, it was a fun show, and I'm eagerly anticipating my next con appearance, which will be Appleseed comic con on May 16th in Fort Wayne Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment